Sculptex™ is a non-toxic, non hardening modeling clay that is sulfur-free and non contaminating. Sculptex™ is an ideal alternative to sulfur-based clays, which are incompatible with some mold rubbers. It holds excellent detail and is great for precision sculpting, prototyping and model making. Sculptors who have used Sculptex™ say that it’s the perfect replacement for Klean Klay.
- Physical Properties - Density: 103 lbs./cu. ft. Specific Gravity: 1.65 g/cc
- Firmness - Sculptex™ is available in extra soft, soft, medium and hard. On a scale of 1-10 the extra soft soft would be a 1, the soft a 2, the medium a 4 and the hard would be a 6.
- Softening Temperature 46°C
- Hygiene - Wash hands with soap and water after use.
- Handling Tips Clay Rake tools are often used to initially smooth out the clay surface and make it uniform. Naptha, clear mineral spirits, or 99% isopropyl alcohol on the surface of the clay will help to attain a smooth surface. Citrus based solvents such as D-limonene can also be used but may cause inhibition when molding the clay using silicone rubber.
Let us help you find your way.
The list below may help you find what you are looking for via an alternative path.